The SakeBomb Garage passenger footrest is constructed from aluminum, with a semi rough finish and provides support for the passengers feet while adding a stylish touch to the interior. The design was based off the OEM Spirit R footrests found on right hand drive RX-7's.
Anyone who has been in the passenger seat of the FD3S realizes the passenger foot well does not provide any support for your feet. Mazda was kind enough to provide a passenger grab handle for the 255hp FD, but when they upped the power to 280hp for the Spirit R and RZ models in Japan, they realized that passengers would have a much harder time staying in place hence the creation of the passenger foot rest/brace.
Unfortunately Mazda only made these for Japan-only RHD FDs for the high-power variants. As we know many FDs in the states make much more than 280hp! Not only are the RHD footrests extremely rare in Japan, they also will not fit the LHD footwell.
- Aluminum construction - lightweight and strong
- Easily removable to clean floor mats
- Hole pattern and texture closely match the rare RHD Spirit R/RZ version, but for LHD cars
- Rough textured surface provides great grip for shoes (for your track instructor), but will not snag stockings (for your lady friend with her heels off )
- Mounting hardware included along with a brushed aluminum SBG sticker
- Made in the USA!
I own many sakebomb parts. Just like the others, the quality on this piece is great!