Our first FOUR rounds of Pre-Orders wrapped up and with the current demand - we have decided to do another run to make sure everyone that missed out on the first rounds gets a shot at obtaining a grille for their Lexus GX470.
With the hopes of having this go as smoothly as possible, here are some expectations we have of ourselves and of you.
1) The ETA is 60 days. There are always potential delays in manufacturing, shipping (remember Ever Given?) and just good 'ol unknown unknowns. So please remember, the 'E' in ETA means 'Estimated' not 'Exact'. For the record, our first pre-order with a 60 day ETA started shipping around day 63, round 2 took 67 days, round 3 took 58 days and all took about a week to ship every order.
2) You will be charged up front for the parts and shipping - but pre-orders get a $50 discount. Your credit card company and/or PayPal covers you for non-delivery of an item for up to six months. We're aiming to have this to you in two.
3) You can cancel your pre-orders anytime you want with zero cancellation fee. But if you're on the fence, it's probably best to wait. Please reach out for a cancellation / refund. Chargebacks are never necessary.
4) You can return the grille if you are not happy with it after receiving it. No restocking fee as long as it's still in 'like new' condition.
5) Please don't send us weekly e-mails asking for status of the grille. We get it, we get anxious for parts we ordered too! But it severely impacts our ability to provide customer service to shippable orders. Remember there's only one of us - but hundreds of you. We will update social media (IG @urj150) and the ih8mud forums with the latest news - good or bad. We want these just as much as you do!
6) Please be respectful. We do this because we love the community.
The Lexus GX470 is a brawler in a fine suit. Don't let the Lexus badge fool you, the GX is a capable offroader with Lexus comfort, V8 power and Toyota durability.
As a nod to it's Toyota roots and to give it a bit of a tougher look, we took months to develop what we thought was the perfect TRD Style Grille for the front of this beast.
The GX470 TRD Style Grille fits ALL 2003-2009 Lexus GX models and comes with hardware and weatherstripping, however for an OEM like install we highly recommend using the OEM hardware.
Whether you're hitting the trails, climbing rocks or just running to the mall - the Lexus GX470 TRD Style Grille is for you.
- TOYOTA or LEXUS Nameplate - Pick from the sophisticated 'LEXUS' or the rugged 'TOYOTA' Namplate
- Set of 3 Raptor Style Lights w/ Wiring (+$30) - Add a trio of Raptor Style lights to complete the look.
INSTALL VIDEO / TIPS
Check out this awesome review / install video by our friend @awesomoto if you need some install tips:
1) Although we include hardware, it is really best to reuse or source OEM hardware. If your hardware is rusty, a little brake cleaner and wire brush goes a long way. But if you want to order new, the Lexus part number for the Bolt is 90109-05095, the Lexus part number for the Nut is 90080-17202.
2) When you remove your hood latch. Make sure you reinstall it in the same orientation. Take a photo before you remove it if you are worried about this.
3) If you have gaps in the grille, try loosening / adjusting / re-tightening until you have the fitment you desire.
4) There are many ways to install the Raptor Lights. Please review the video above for a few options.
IMPORTANT: If you are not comfortable with installing the grille or Raptor Lights yourself, PLEASE seek the help of an experienced body shop.
I’ve always hated the stock gx470 grill. I almost didn’t buy the gx but I wanted a LC Prado. This is a great looking Toyota cosmetic upgrade. Super happy about it .
Much needed update on the 470s front end!!
Love the look of the grille, fit and quality is great!
My Favorite Aesthetic Upgrade to My GX
I was very excited about this grille design, it’s overall aggressiveness and style. I knew I wanted this the second it was available and I was really impressed with its quality. The matte finish is really nice and does not come off. installing it was an absolute breeze. I’ve recommended it to many of my friends and I’ll recommend it to you!!
Gx470 TRD Grill
Love this grill. It makes the Gx look so much better.
Looks Great on my '06 GX470
I did my homework before ordering and was ready for the mounting hardware concerns mentioned by others. When I removed my now 15-yr old OEM grill, I found that one of the mounts was broken-off / missing, likely due to a rock strike, so I tried to use the provided mounting lug instead. The rectagular base of the lugs is not large enough to hold the lug in place when attempting to tighten the mounting nut causing the lug to spin. After trying nearly every tool in my toolbox, I was finally able to get a tiny needle nose pliers in the tight place to hold the lug from spinning. If you could source a more similar lug, this would save alot of frustration. Other than that minor setback, the rest of the install went very smoothly and the lighting install was flawless using a stacker ATM block on the seat heater fuse position. Super easy.