Our first TWO rounds of Pre-Orders just wrapped up and with the current demand - we have decided to do another run to make sure everyone that missed out on the first rounds gets a shot at obtaining a grille for their Lexus GX470.
With the hopes of having this go as smoothly as possible, here are some expectations we have of ourselves and of you.
1) The ETA is 60 days. We're expecting the full production run to be delivered in Mid-January (holidays will no doubt delay things). There are always potential delays in manufacturing, shipping (remember Ever Given?) and just good 'ol unknown unknowns. So please remember, the 'E' in ETA means 'Estimated' not 'Exact'. For the record, our first pre-order with a 60 day ETA started shipping around day 63, round 2 took 67 days and both took about a week to ship every order.
2) You will be charged up front for the parts and shipping - but pre-orders get a $50 discount. Your credit card company and/or PayPal covers you for non-delivery of an item for up to six months. We're aiming to have this to you in two.
3) You can cancel your pre-orders anytime you want with zero cancellation fee. But if you're on the fence, it's probably best to wait. Please reach out for a cancellation / refund. Chargebacks are never necessary.
4) You can return the grille if you are not happy with it after receiving it. No restocking fee as long as it's still in 'like new' condition.
5) Please don't send us weekly e-mails asking for status of the grille. We get it, we get anxious for parts we ordered too! But it severely impacts our ability to provide customer service to shippable orders. Remember there's only one of us - but hundreds of you. We will update social media (IG @urj150) and the ih8mud forums with the latest news - good or bad. We want these just as much as you do!
6) Please be respectful. We do this because we love the community.
The Lexus GX470 is a brawler in a fine suit. Don't let the Lexus badge fool you, the GX is a capable offroader with Lexus comfort, V8 power and Toyota durability.
As a nod to it's Toyota roots and to give it a bit of a tougher look, we took months to develop what we thought was the perfect TRD Style Grille for the front of this beast.
The GX470 TRD Style Grille fits ALL 2003-2009 Lexus GX models and comes with hardware and weatherstripping, however for an OEM like install we highly recommend using the OEM hardware.Whether you're hitting the trails, climbing rocks or just running to the mall - the Lexus GX470 TRD Style Grille is for you.
- TOYOTA or LEXUS Nameplate - Pick from the sophisticated 'LEXUS' or the rugged 'TOYOTA' Namplate
- Set of 3 Raptor Style Lights w/ Wiring (+$30) - Add a trio of Raptor Style lights to complete the look.
INSTALL VIDEO / TIPS
Check out this awesome review / install video by our friend @awesomoto if you need some install tips:
1) Although we include hardware, it is really best to reuse or source OEM hardware. If your hardware is rusty, a little brake cleaner and wire brush goes a long way. But if you want to order new, the Lexus part number for the Bolt is 90109-05095, the Lexus part number for the Nut is 90080-17202.
2) When you remove your hood latch. Make sure you reinstall it in the same orientation. Take a photo before you remove it if you are worried about this.
3) If you have gaps in the grille, try loosening / adjusting / re-tightening until you have the fitment you desire.
4) There are many ways to install the Raptor Lights. Please review the video above for a few options.
IMPORTANT: If you are not comfortable with installing the grille or Raptor Lights yourself, PLEASE seek the help of an experienced body shop.
Overall Great but needs improvement
Only issues I see is the grille does flex when unlatching the hood, could be where it breaks in the future. And the studs provided for install are no good had to reuse old ones
Considering this is a relatively small production run, the quality was exceptional. I did need to swap over the hardware from the OEM grill since the provided hardware was too small. But this is such a minor point that is fixed in about 10 seconds. Install was very straightforward. It gives the GX a much needed, updated aesthetic.
I love it
I color matched mine, I love it!
Love the new look!
I get more compliments on the grill than the thousands of dollars of other mods I’ve put on this rig! Super good look. Super easy install. Quality product. Very happy customer!
I was in on the first round of pre-orders and I have to say it's a great first effort. It's not perfect only because I think the gasket, where it meets the hood, is a bit useless due to some gap in the fitting, but overall it looks great and it almost looks like a factory piece. I think the attaching hardware is a waste as I had to reuse the factory clamps, but it turned out fine. I recommend this product if you want to get rid of the boring "L" on your grille and have something unique. I also got the Raptor style lights to go with it and they were easy to wire up (just added them to my seat heater fuse) and they look great.